Recent Posts

Brushes - Crown Brush, BH Cosmetics, & Sigma REVIEWS

By 10:56 PM



Hello!
So let's talk about brushes today! I'm not an expert when it comes to brushes, but I do know what I like (and what I don't like) about the brushes that I've used over the past 3-4 years. So the three brands that I've used (other than ELF brushes) are: Crown Brush, BH Cosmetics, and Sigma.

CROWN BRUSH:

LinkCrown Brush

These were my first ever brush set that I bought from Hautelook for $20 (affordable). I love the pink color, it's so pretty! I would recommend this brush set for any any makeup beginners. This set has all the brushes you'll need for a beginner. I like a lot of these brushes, but the eyeliner brush is not for me because when I use it to apply my gel liner, the line is not thin and that just doesn't work for me. The line that the brush creates isn't flattering. As for the lip brush, I've never really use, so I don't have much to say about it. All of the other brushes, however, I do like. For example, the smudger brush is awesome! I use it to smudge out my pencil liner, and my eyeliner looks good! It's very easy to use and works very well. The foundation brush is standard and will do it's job, but it does leave some streaks. Since I don't use powder foundation, what I would do is that I'd use the powder brush to blend out the streaks, which makes my foundation look more natural. The blush brush and the eyeshadow brushes are standard and I use them everyday. The crease brush works really well, but I tend to use it more for the outer corner (outer V) of my eyes.

The quality of the brushes aren't bad, but my only issue is that my powder brush's pink paint has cracked. I'm not sure why it did, my guess is that water may have caused it to cracked over a long period of time. What I don't get is that it only happened to my powder brush, so I'm not sure if it's the water, since I wash all of my brushes together. Other than that, the brushes are fine, they're not bad for beginners and is good for travel.



BH COSMETICS:

Link
Brush Set: LINK

These are my second brush set that I own. This set is also good for beginners, and they are relatively cheap on Hautelook, but on the BH Cosmetics website, it's on sale at the moment for $11.95 (super cheap!). In my opinion, I like the feel of these brushes more than the Crown Brush set. The quality is good, especially for the price you pay! The hair on these brushes feel like they're better quality in comparison to Crown Brush. I use 9/10 of these brushes on a weekly basis (the only one I hardly use is the lip brush). The way these brushes apply feels better than the Crown Brushes; they blend better in my opinion. The foundation brush is standard, but still leave some streaks. The powder brush is what I use to blend out the foundation, which apply more smooth than the powder brush from Crown Brush. I also use the powder brush to apply blushes! The blush brush is good as well. The eyeshadow brush is nice and standard. I like that this set has a blending brush for eyeshadow, which my Crown Brush set does not have, which is a plus. The crease brush is great; I feel that it applies my eyeshadows in the outer corner V very nicely and smoothly on my lids (smoother than my Crown Brush crease brush). It blends smoothly. I love it! As for the other brushes, they're standard and are okay. Overall, I like my BH Cosmetics brushes more than my Crown Brushes. This set is great for travel. The only downside is that the set only has 10 brushes, and it does not have the lash brush or the eyebrow brush.

My only issue with this is when I first received this set in the mail, it has a funny scent to it. It smells weird and chemically. I washed the entire set and it still has a funny smell. After a few washes, the smell goes away. Other than that, it's great!

SIGMA BRUSHES: 


Flat Top Kabuki F80 Brush: LINK
10% OFF Brushes & products: DEC2014
(Code expires December 31, 2014)

 Link

Wide Shader Brush: LINK
10% OFF Brushes & products: DEC2014
(Code expires December 31, 2014)

Sigma brushes are AMAZING!~ I've only tried two brushes, but both are super awesome!

My first Sigma brush is the E59 Wider Shader brush (eyeshadow). This is the best eyeshadow brush I've ever use, hands down. This brush picks up a lot of the eyeshadow and applies it smoothly, making the eyeshadow look more pigmented. It is dense so it picks up more eyeshadow than any other shadow brushes I've ever used, and I don't have to dip into my eyeshadow so many times to try to get more eyeshadow. I usually dip my brush into the eyeshadow about 2-3 times with this Sigma brush, whereas for the other shadow brushes, I dip over 5 times just to get the eyeshadow. I love this brush sooo much! It's Ah-Mazing! Words can't describe how amazing it is and how much I love it.

The second Sigma brush I own is the F80 Flat Kabuki. I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE this brush. To think that the Wide Shader is amazing, this brush beats it 100 times, hands down! This is THE BEST foundation brush I've ever used. This is one of Sigma's bestseller, and here's why: it blends the foundation so well and so smoothly, while making the foundation look flawless! The flat top helps make it blend out foundation smoothly all over the face. The brush is dense, which makes me feel like the foundation is picked up and sits evenly at the end of the bristles. Other foundation brushes picks up the foundation unevenly, where certain parts of the brushes will have more foundation than others. When I use the F80 brush to blend out my foundation, it does not leave steaks and it blends my foundation evenly, leaving my face looking flawless and natural. When it use this brush, my heart flutters because that's how awesome it is. Words can't describe how much I love this brush, even more than the eyeshadow brush!

These two brushes are great for beginners, amateurs, and even professionals. The only downside is that they are pricier than Crown Brushes and BH Cosmetics brushes, but I feel that they are worth every penny. If you're looking to invest into amazing quality brushes, I would definitely recommend Sigma brushes. The brush sets will be a good investment, since you will save more money buying the set, rather than individual brushes. I'm actually saving up to buy a set of my own, since I feel that I want to invest in good quality brushes that will give me amazing results.


Brush Sets: LINK
10% OFF Coupon: DEC2014
(Code expires DEC 31, 2014)

I'm not sure which to get yet, maybe one of the essential kits to start off and see how I like the brushes, and maybe I will invest in more brushes in the future. If any of you have the set, please let me know how you like it, and which one you own.

Also, if you invest in good quality brushes like the Sigma Brushes, be sure to take really good care of them. I would recommend looking for tips on how to take care of your brushes and maybe get a brush tree (picture below) to dry your brushes for when you wash them.
Brush Tree: LINK

If you are a beginner at makeup and you don't want to spend so much money on brushes, I would recommend looking into either Crown Brush or BH Cosmetics. Other brands I've heard about are Real Techniques and Japonesque. If you want to invest in really good brushes, I would recommend Sigma for anyone out there.

So that's all I have for today. I hope my reviews/opinions are helpful to you. Hope you all have an amazing day. Bye!

Love,
June♥ 


Thank you so much for reading!

0 comments