Recent Posts

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation REVIEW

By 10:43 PM


Hi Girlies!
So I've recently splurged on my first ever Chanel product, the Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation. My friend, who is a Chanel Beauty Adviser, introduced me to this foundation because it is her favorite Chanel foundation. She recommended to me based on my skin type and what kind of coverage I need. She said it looks natural and is very light-weight. She helped matched me at the Chanel counter and gave me a sample of it to try out. After trying it out for a good 7-10 days, I fell in love and went on to purchase it! I received a lot of compliments on my foundation. My coworkers  and many of my clients asked me what foundation I use because they noticed how natural my foundation look.

Before I go on with my review, I will explain a bit about my skin type. I have dry to very dry skin, depending on the weather. Normally, I would say that my skin is dry, but during the fall and winter season, it is extremely dry! I tend to get dry patches around my nose and mouth area (and occasionally on my cheeks). I do not have acne-prone skin, but I do have some redness around my cheeks and nose area.

Here is a picture of my bare face, without makeup. This is how it looks during the spring/summer (not too dry).


BEFORE - NO MAKEUP
(Note: I have an allergic reaction at the moment & some red spots started to pop up)


 AFTER - ONLY FOUNDATION
(Note: Still have allergic reaction ehehe)


COMPLETE MAKEUP


CLOSE UP OF FOUNDATION
                                


My thoughts on the foundation:
This is seriously my holy grail foundation at the moment! It is the BEST foundation I have ever used! It is very light-weight, it feels as if I don't have any foundation on. The foundation does not look cakey at all, in fact, it looks flawless and super natural. With just the foundation on alone, my sister couldn't tell that I have makeup on. Everyone I know says that it looks flawless and that makes me look glowing (radiance), and I completely agree! I have decent skin, but the foundation makes my skin look super healthy and glowing. Although it is a sheer to medium (more on sheer side) coverage, it was able to cover my redness areas. When my friend introduced it to me as a sheer and light-weight foundation, I didn't expect it to cover my redness area. However, I think that it conceals more than what I expected it to. It actually conceals everything that I want it to conceal, while evening out my skin, without looking cakey. Since it is not a matte finish, but rather a natural finish, it does not dry out my face, but actually keeps it hydrated. Even without moisturizer, my face does not look patchy (dry patches). Please note that I do not apply powder over my foundation, because my skin is dry. The foundation lasts all day. It looks great after a day out. My blush and bronzer is still there after a whole day out. My face still looks great even after 8+ hours at work. I did notice that after 10+ hours (in the summer), it did look a tiny bit oily in my T-Zone area, but it wasn't even that noticeable. Of course this will be different with people who have a different skin type (normal/combination/oily skin). However, any skin type can use this foundation because it is a water base foundation (oil-free). It's just a matter of how much coverage you want. If you want medium to full coverage, of course this foundation is not for you (but you can build it up to a medium coverage foundation). In my opinion, this is the PERFECT foundation for me so far. It beats all of my other foundations, which are all lying around in my makeup drawer somewhere. I have been using this foundation every single day that I wear makeup. That's how much I love it!

Who I would recommend it to:
1. I would recommend this to people who have dry to very dry skin type, because it does not dry out your face or look patchy.
2. Anyone who wants a light-weight foundation that look natural while evening out their skin. It is an oil-free foundation, which means it is water-based. Anyone can use it.
3. Teens and preteen girls who are new to makeup, who want to even out their complexion without looking too cakey. Many teenagers have nice skin already, this is just to make it look flawless and natural. I would not recommend this to teens who are acne-prone, who want to cover all their acne and scarring.
4. People who are older, who just want to even out their skin tone and look radiant (make their face look less dull). I would not recommend using this foundation if you have a lot of dark spots (from going out to the sun without protection) and you want to conceal all of them.

So I hope this review has been helpful to some of you. It isn't for everyone, but then again, what is? I hope that for those of you who are interested in this foundation and what it has to offer, that you will give it a try. I would recommend asking the Chanel Beauty Advisers (BA) for help, especially with matching your skin tone. Ask questions and ask for a sample foundation! The sample should last a good 10 days, which is plenty of time for you to test out the foundation to see if you like it or not. Try the sample before you buy!

Anyways, that's it for today! Thank you so much for reading & please follow my blog for future reviews!
BYE!!!!!

Love,
June♥ 

Thank you so much for reading!

0 comments